It’s hard to imagine two more important components of a vehicle than its brakes and its transmission. You won’t be able to get where you’re trying to go without a working transmission, and you won’t be able to stop once you get there without properly functioning brakes. Thankfully, there are several warning signs that it’s time to bring your car in to be serviced before you end up with a car that requires expensive repairs—and College Way Auto Sales & Service is prepared to provide top-notch brake service and transmission repair in Fergus Falls, MN this summer and all year round!
Signs you need brake service
- Squealing or grinding: It’s never a good sign when your car starts making strange noises. They’re bad news for your vehicle, and they make everyone around you notice how poorly your car is doing. A loud squealing noise when you start to slow down is a sign that your brake pads are giving out. While it might not be as loud, a grinding noise is actually worse. Grinding is a sign that your brake pads are totally worn and need to be replaced as soon as possible.
- Problems slowing down: Since your brakes are meant to slow your vehicle down, it’s pretty important that they function as soon as you need them to. Having to slam the pedal all the way to the floor mat before your vehicle begins to stop is bad. It’s a sign that you’ve got some sort of problem, either with the brake pad itself, or with the brake line. Bring your car into an auto mechanic to diagnose and correct the issue.
Signs you need transmission repair
- Strange noises: Much like your brakes, a failing transmission will start to make strange noises before it totally goes out. Automatic transmissions that are in trouble will most often make whining, humming or buzzing noises. If you own a vehicle with a manual transmission, you may hear a grinding noise when you engage the clutch. That’s a sign that your clutch is worn and you’ll soon need transmission repair in Fergus Falls, MN.
- Fluid leaks: A few drips of liquid in the parking lot or in your driveway isn’t a huge deal. It’s probably just fluid from the AC. However, if you notice more fluid on the ground than usual, you have a problem. Even though the liquid on the ground might not be transmission fluid, it’s a sign that you need to bring your car in to a professional for help.
- Flashing warning light: All too often we get customers who bring their car into us with a dashboard full of flashing lights. That’s not good! Your car is clearly trying to warn you that something is amiss when those lights come on. A flashing transmission light is nothing you want to ignore for very long. It’s an indication that there’s some sort of problem in the system that needs to be corrected by a professional right away.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs and think you may need brake service or transmission repair in Fergus Falls, MN, give College Way Auto Sales & Service a call! We’d be happy to take a look at your car and correct any issue you may be experiencing.
Categorised in: Transmission Repair
This post was written by Writer